I am in Oslo for a conference honouring Torleif Elgvin on the occasion of his retirement.
I was invited to join the conference and give a paper on the so-called “Yahad Ostracon” from Qumran.The conference will take place at NLA University College Oslo. Here is the program for the two days:
• Stephen Reed, University of Jamestown, “Photographs of Fragments Excavated from Qumran Cave 4”.
• Liv Ingeborg Lied, MF, “Is 2 Baruch a Biblical Book? On the Contents of Syriac Biblical Codices”.
• Erik Waaler, NLA, “The Impact of the Discoveries at ‘Khirbet Qeiyafa’ at the Western Border of Iron age Israel, above the Elah Valley where David slew Goliath”.
• Michael Langlois, French Research Center in Jerusalem, “The Yahad Ostracon: Preliminary Observations”.
• Årstein Justnes, “A Sudden Clink from the Missing Link: The History and Provenance of the Yahad Ostracon”.
• Popular farewell lecture by Torleif Elgvin, “My Personal Encounter with the Dead Sea Scrolls” (in Norwegian).